Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Before I knew God

At some point of our lives, we found Him. Whether you are already born into a Christian family and you went to your church's kindergarten, you had known all the animals that went into Noah's ark, or you found this Christian roomate in your campus who had been telling you about Jesus, and her act of kindness moved you to want to know this Nazarens more, or there is this Christian boss in your workplace who is considerate whenever you said you need to take a leave for some reasons and he asked of his Christian employees to pray together every morning before they start working, and that makes you wonder, or its just one typical Sunday, where you're on your way to nowhere, thinking about all the problems you had and you wonder what life is and you passed this church where you hear their singing, "Jesus is all the world to me,..."

At some point of our lives, we found Him.

But the Bible said, its not that we found Him, but He found us.

And I always had this question with me. Before I know Christ, did He know me? Is He there with me, when I was not even a Christian?

And I think the answer is yes. He watched over me. He knew my every move and every step. He is the One who formed me when I was in my mother's womb. Embryology, until now is still a mystery, and those stories that we discovered about fetus, they happened in an amazing way. There's no way this can be occurred by chance. There's no way you are going to tell, life which is such an amazing noun, was created by an explosion.

Before I knew God, at such young age of 11, because of the problem and stress I faced, I already started to have thoughts of giving up my life. Thinking back now, I knew God was there with me. He sent me an angel, which is surprisingly a dog, one day coming to our house as a puppy and ever since became my best friend. I named the dog Coco and I played with Coco everyday. Whenever something bothers me, I would tell Coco. Without my knowing, the depression inside me slowly faded away. And surprisingly, I managed to get a good result and when I proceeded to secondary school, I became motivated to study. And before that, I thought I was going to stop going to school.

And today if you tell me that science said pet is good to help with warding off depression. I would said that is true. But who know that during that time? Does my parents know that and buy me a puppy? Or do I know that and purposely search for a puppy on street? But God knows that and Coco came because God sent it as a messenger of Love.

And now that I know the Father who is always care for me. Sometimes, when hard times hit us and blinded us and made us think that God doesn't care nor He was not there, think of the blessings He had given you. Count the blessings one by one. And you will realized that He is always faithful and true who never forsake us. The dark time where you cried and think you're alone, He is there with you. The victorious times where you got up the stage to receive the award, He is there to cheer for you.

Because life isnt about what you had done for Him, its about your transformation in Christ as you walked this journey with Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment