Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

It reminds me


I remembered as a child, I woke up 5 a.m in the morning, almost everyday. This was a benefit to stay with grandparents, I lived just like an old folk.

Even before the Sun rose nor the Gallus gallus made the morning call, Grandma started to buzz around for typical household chores.

I would, in my pj's, pacing up and down the front yard, waiting to say hi to my aunt as her school bus passed by. She is a very young cousin of my mother, who is 4 years older than me if I'm not mistaken. She is now pursuing postgraduate in biotechnology field.

While Grandpa, took a stool and sat on it in the front yard, watching the little soul activelty making sound and movements, at the same time, lighted up his first cigarette of the day.

It looked like a cold London night, when dim light of the lamppost shone on just two of us and smoke were seen as he puffed.

You would feel a fascinating silent as you heard school bus engine in distant became louder and louder when it moved towards your direction.

These were those days.

After this, we would frequent Pasar Pagi, the morning market.

Roti canai, chu cheong fan, ta mee were my favourire breakfast.

Weyy, not to forget the typical breakfast here, roti bakar smeared with kaya and half-boiled egg seasoned with soy sauce and pepper. [That was my memory with father.]

However, Mom never gave up on my education. She found the fiercest tuition teacher in my hometown which screwed my morning ever since.

But I enjoyed English class of another tuition teacher where we merely watched Muzzy in Gondoland at her place.

One time before the Mooncake Festival, as usual, lantern and mooncake were sold everywhere.

I stopped by the toy stall and made the Puss in Boats' innocent eyes to plead Grandpa for buying me toys.

Frankly, I wanted the remote controlled wheel loader. But instead, I was squating there, reluctantly to get up just to make Grandpa to buy a Pikachu electronic lantern. *swt*

I wasn't dare to ask for the exact thing I wanted.

But kids are simple. Don't you see? We want toys and we are happy whenever the adults nod their head and pay.

However, as we grow up, we don't get to have things we want anymore. Love, success and etc cannot be bought with money.

Somehow, they were exchanged with sins.

But mostly, we work hard to go for it.

And, we forgot that we should learn to giving more than taking.

Did you give love to people before you ask for it?

Did you love God when you doubt His love for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment