Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thank You for the cross [what does Easter means to me]

“They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”

Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”

16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

18 Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.[John 20]



Tomorrow is Easter Day.

I have seen vids and articles posted online, expressed by brothers and sisters all around the world about how they feel about this day and what does Easter means to them. The church might as well displayed the Passion of Christ again to remind people of the day Jesus Christ was humiliated for us and then being lifted up as all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him.

Easter, Easter, Easter!!! How excited to ponder on this wonderful grace by God for He so loved the world and gave His one and only Son to save us!

It is a lot more excited than egg and bunny if people know the grace behind the day, the kind of connection God urge to make with us.

Imagine His love is so great that He urge to have a relationship with us through Jesus Christ.

By Jesus' death, our sins are cleansed and once we believe, the reconciliation is done! No need filling up form or buying any forgiveness letter.

How amazing it is, to connect to God in such a way!

A day where Jesus Christ resurrected to proclaim that He is God and He had overcame the cross and a day which enable you to cry out, 'Abba Father.'

Like a reunion of a Father and His children which He had longed for so long and everything is part of His plan.

To me, Easter is a testimony, a good news and the grace that commenced on that day and came with the day now happen every single moment.

Every single moment, a new person who bowed down and believed can be connected to this day, to the grace and most importantly to God.

Soon you will realise, everyday is Easter.

Everday you will remind yourself,
nothing cannot be overcame when Christ had overcame the cross on Easter,
no sins cannot be forgiven,
no authority is greater than Jesus',
and no grace and love is greater than God's,
and you must take up this cross and walk with Him everyday but not just on Easter day.

and this grace is life-long and eternal just like the promise in John 3:16.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever. ---Psalm 23


Thank You for the cross, my Friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment