Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dropped/Fallen Away


In the freakin' cold air-conditioned library, I unplugged my broadband and put it into my pocket and headed to the washroom, leaving my Toshiba laptop alone on the desk running its screensaver.

Just in case the snowy white 1.5 GB Maxis Broadband with its cute blue light on might ignite the desire to covet in passer-by, I kept it inside my pocket along with me whenever I was away. Makes me feel secure.

I came back from the washroom, figured I had something to do, unplugged my laptop, signed my name at the counter, kept the laptop in bag and rushed back to room.

I came back to room, went for shower, since there was still time, I went to throw all the piled up clothes into washing machine, rushed back to room, changed, took my bag and walked to lecture hall with a fresh mind after the cool shower.

I came to lecture hall, listened to lecture from the same guy, paid part of the attention, rejoiced over that it came to end and happily came back to room.

4p.m, my cellphone showed.

I took a nap.

6p.m I woke up, with a little regret over the long nap, I went to see my clothes, picked them up and heated them in the dryer. That was my proudly invented fastest method to get my laundry done, simple, easy, save time and cheaper than calling the Perfect 7 Laundry guy over.

I came back to room, wow, it was almost 7.

I peeped through the window, thank God, the sky was not yet dark.

I put on my sneakers, my headset ready, I rushed down through the stairs and did some warm up, jogged for 15 minutes without stopping just like the plan she made for me.

Ah...except I forgot to measure my heart rate, AGAIN!

I was upset with my goldfish memory yet I headed back to room after cycling for a few rounds in the campus area.

I came back to room, sweaty and hot. [not the other hot, ehem]

I sat down, waiting to cool down before another shower.

I plugged in my laptop.

Wait a minute, where's my broadband??!!

Where is it?

Is it possible I washed it together with the clothes?

No way.

I searched my bag again and again. And my messy drawer, that was the painful part.

I must have lost it on the way I get back to the room.

It must have drop off from my pocket when I was rushing.

Disappointed, I went for shower. What can I do? Mourn for the best partner I ever had?

Then it hit me, that I have correlate it with our spiritual life.

Sometimes, we thought we brought ourself out with Christ-like character. We thought God is inside us, just like the broadband safe inside my pocket. But we just didn't realised when it dropped somewhere in the middle of hustle and bustle.

We yelled out at our friends or probably silenced ourselves with an annoying face. We started to say something dorky or involved ourself and indulged in the fun of slandering people. We kicked away the rubbish in the way to lecture. We pretended that friends were invisible and avoided to greet them when we were not in a good mood. We signed fake attendance for friends. We complained about the lameness of the lecturer. We were happy to discuss about how to finish assignment sloppily and how to skip lecture and go off for some break. TSK, TSK, TSK...

In the morning we prayed to Him and promised Him we're going to start a fresh new life. But when things get hectic, we forgot everything or to say, we dropped everything. Haiz...

So, is it time for us to quite down ourselves and pray? Don't let work or stress be the fuze to anger and upset.

Have a break, have a prayer.




Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ---John 14:27


No comments:

Post a Comment