Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

He said, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'

Whenever I called my Mom upon feeling upset, I had always said, 'Mom, I looked just like Peter and Jonah.'

I am like a combination of two of them in weakness.

Sometimes, I denied the Lord just like Peter and I refused to do what God told me to, just like Jonah.

And I realized that it had been so many times I turned my back to God, unwilling to walk with Him, the times I failed and the times I didn't fail.

At times I failed, I always thought as if the whole world would look down on me and I never seek Him who took me as a precious child.

At times I became success, I always thought it was my efforts that matter though I gave thanks to Him.

After the announcement of results, I called my Mom and the first thing I said was, 'Mom, I am not a Christian anymore.'

It is so complicated that I couldn't distinguish whether it was an anger for no miracle had happened or an ashame that I couldn't dare to declare I am a child of God.

Brothers and sisters are telling me God has His plan, God will guide you through, God will lead your way and God cares for the brokenhearted.

I know!

But I couldn't help to be distracted by the world's eyes and the thought in my mind that I am not glorifying God at all.

And I missed one very important part in the Bible.

I always remembered the three times that Peter denied the Lord.

But I forgot about what the Lord had been talking to him after He was resurrected.

Jesus Reinstates Peter
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

John 21:15-17

Jesus didn't condemn Peter, He didn't say anything but to ask, 'Do you love me?'

When I wondered how am I taking it, surprisingly a song came to my heart, played by itself and calmed me down.

Wanna make a guess?












Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.











No comments:

Post a Comment